Sunday, June 25, 2017

New Beginnings!

GRADUATION 2017


We celebrated our youngest daughter's graduation just a few weeks ago.  It is still hard to believe that after all these years Erika is the last of our 4 children to graduate from high school. No more waking up at 6 am to get ready and head out to the bus stop. No more band concerts or football games or even the long drives to get her to cheerleading practice.

Now it's all about her finding her place in the world and what path she wants to take in life.  What type of job does she want to apply for, or does she want to go to college.  For her this is a new beginning and she has her whole life in front of her.

That is how I feel at this time in my life.  After years of working for someone else at a 9 to 5 job. Getting up early day in and day out to drive to a job that is making money for my boss, and not getting any recognition for the hard work that I do for them, only to bring home a measly paycheck that doesn't even pay for my bills.

Since I have become a Travel Writer, I finally am able to do what I want to do and on my terms. I can decide what I want to write about and where I want to go to enjoy new places and meet interesting people. I can set my alarm for a certain time, and if I accidentally sleep thru it and wake up an hour late, I don't have to worry about calling work or getting fired for not coming in on time.  All I have to do is adjust my daily schedule around the time that I did wake up and plan accordingly.

Becoming a Travel Writer allows me to finally see my articles in print whether in my local newspaper, or a magazine. I can finally be me! It also allows me to be able to spend more time with my family and do things together.  If I find an interesting place that I want to go to and see if it's something I want to write about my daughters can come with me, and I don't have to ask anyone's permission.

Living the life of a Travel Writer finally gives me the freedom to live my life my way. It lets me spend time doing what I want and being with the people that are important to me - my family.  Isn't that what really matters?

Till next time

Jenn



No comments:

Post a Comment