Sunday, June 18, 2017

The "Hidden" Cafe

This weekend proved to be very pleasant and unexpected. I had been invited to a graduation party for my younger cousin. It's hard to believe that he has grown up into a very intelligent and handsome young man. Seemed like just yesterday he was running around playing in the backyard.

Anyway, his parents were having it at the Hidden Cafe just up the street from me. I had never heard of it before, and figured it was a new restaurant. Once I had arrived I was surprised to find out that the Hidden Cafe was actually a banquet hall and catering business, and has been in business for 3 years.

It was located behind a small plaza.  It had a very spacious room that could  hold a decent amount of people with an area that also held a bar that took up the one whole side of the wall. It also had a quaint little outside bar and several tables.

After having a bite to eat and conversing with some of my family that I hadn't seen in quite awhile, I grabbed a glass of Zinfandel wine and headed outside to the patio.

The atmosphere was full of laughter and conversation. There was a group of women who were talking about what types of shows and movies they watch during the weeknights while the guys were talking about; what else, sports.

As it so happened this was also the weekend of the air show at the air force base and the Thunderbirds were practicing their passes for the show. So not only was everyone at Danny's graduation party celebrating, we also were able to watch the air show as part of the end of the day entertainment.



No comments:

Post a Comment